DeKALB – The DeKalb Public Library is offering the community a chance to learn about the recent publications of area authors from the writers themselves.
On Saturday, Aug. 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the library’s main lobby will be filled with local authors showcasing their works and answering questions throughout the day.
Eight authors will provide a brief presentation in the Yusunas Meeting Room during the event. They will share excerpts from their books and answer questions. Copies of the books will be available to purchase.
This event is free to attend and open to all. Drop by any time to visit with the authors.
The schedule of the presentations:
• 10 a.m. – Charles Ridulph, “You Are Not Alone”
• 10:30 a.m. – Kyle White, “Why Writing is the Most Important Thing You Can Do (Even if You Hate It)”
• 11 a.m. – Joan Aubele, “How Little ‘Ole Me Became a Best-Selling Author – A Chat with Joan Aubele”
• 11:30 a.m. – Jana Roe, “Breaking Free”
• Noon – Tom Pisapia, “It’s a Wonderful Life”
• 12:30 p.m. – Ralph Schiller, “History of Old Hollywood”
• 1 p.m. – Bambi Harris, “Death and Other Inconveniences”
• 1:30 p.m. – Marti Brown, “A Soldier’s Footsteps”
Other authors with booths include Mike Zibrun, Jo Fredell Higgins, Dale Cozort, CL Gibson and Patty Ihm. Teen author Christian Dodd will have a booth in the Teen Room from noon to 2 p.m.
More information about the publications and booth locations is available at the library’s circulation desk.
For information, contact Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-756-9568, ext. 1701.